Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sweet and Sour Pork



Mike and I went through a phase a few months ago, where we wanted Chinese food...a lot. On our first Christmas, I bought Mike a cookbook that had Chinese, Thai and Japanese recipes...who knew, that I'd be the one to use it! I made this meal and it was quite simple and yummy! We had a couple days of leftovers and it was still as good as day one!

Here's the recipe: Sweet and Sour Pork

3/4 pound boneless pork (I used a full pound or about 4 pork chops)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
16 ounces frozen pepper stir fry (I used fresh peppers and onions)
1 tablespoon water
14 ounces sweet and sour sauce (I found a 14.5oz bottle and used the whole thing)
8 ounces pineapple chunks (I used fresh pineapple)

Cut pork into thin strips. (Or bite size pieces)
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Add pork; stir fry until browned.
Add vegetables and water; cover and cook over medium heat (5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp)
Uncover; stir in sweet and sour sauce and pineapple. Cook until heated through.

Serve over rice. Enjoy with your favorite pot stickers or egg rolls!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment