Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Recipe: Granola Bars



This is a super yummy, and super easy snack to make! I was genuinely surprised by the simplicity of it! Now, I am going to put the generic recipe on here, but I didn't follow it to T. I'll put my changes as well for comparison, but just so you know...have fun with it. Add what you like so that you aren't stuck with something horrible...and if you get something horrible, you're to blame! =)


The ORIGINAL recipe:

3 cups quick cooking oats
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries

My variation to the recipe:

3 cups quick cooking oats
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 lemon, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon honey


Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
In a large bowl, mix together your ingredients with your hands until well blended. Press flat into the prepared pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven, depending on how crunchy you want them. (I baked mine for roughly 17-20 minutes) Lightly browned just around the edges will give you moist, chewy bars.
Let cool for 5 minutes. Cut into squares/strips then let cool completely before serving.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment