Saturday, November 17, 2012

Recipe: Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring



When I saw this recipe online, I knew that it was worth trying. It was simple and easy, not to mention, I already had the ingredients. The only thing that I needed to get, was a bundt pan because apparently, I never used one.

Between Mike and me, we ended up eating over half of it the afternoon that I made this. Mike finished it off the next morning. Needless to say, it's extremely good! You've been warned!


Ingredients:

2 small tubes canned buttermilk biscuits
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup pancake syrup
1/3 cup light brown sugar (I sort of guesstamated this)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I added to taste)
1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional) {I didn't use this}
1/4 cup chopped almonds (optional) {I didn't use this}

Spray a bundt pan with non stick spray.
Combine the melted butter and syrup in a small bowl and set aside.
In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts(if using).
Place about half of the syrup mixture in the bottom of the pan, followed by half of the brown sugar mixture on top of that.
Lay the biscuits on the bottom of the pan, overlapping edges to form a ring.
Top with remaining syrup and sugar mixes.
Bake at 375* for 20-25 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
Cool 1 minute in the pan, then invert onto a serving platter.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment