Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Recipe: King's Hawaiian Baked Ham & Swiss Sandwich Casserole



Once again, I found a recipe on Pinterest, but as soon as I went to make it, I couldn't access the actual recipe. I think the site was down, as I remember reading the recipe beforehand, so who knows?

I was fortunate enough to have pinned this recipe from someone who listed the ingredients, including amounts in the description, so I just had that to go off of...but that's it. No oven temperature, or directions on how to accomplish this meal.

Lucky for me, I'm not stupid in the kitchen and I can figure things out pretty easily!

Mike really loved this meal. I think it was a little bland, but after adding some Sriracha, it was good! I think it needs some tweaking for me, but as far as the hubby goes, he was satisfied and that's all that matters!

Ingredients:

12 King's Hawaiian Original Rolls (We got a 24 pack, and used more than 12)
1 pound deli ham (We used black forest ham, sliced at about a 3)
1 pound Swiss cheese (We got it at the deli, sliced at a 3 as well)
1 1/2 sticks butter
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3 teaspoons poppy seeds (optional)
1 onion, chopped

Preheat oven to 350*.
In a saucepan, melt butter. Add mustard, Worcestershire and onion to the butter. Mix until onions start to become soft.
Cut the rolls, separating the tops from the bottoms.
Grease a 9-13 pan and lay the bottoms of the rolls in the pan. (This is where we used more than 12, as the pan needed more to accommodate the empty pan space).
Pour half of the sauce over the top of the bottoms of the rolls. Place cheese and ham, followed by more cheese on top of the sauce. Place the tops of the rolls on top, and pour remaining sauce over the top of the whole dish.
Bake for 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment