Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Guinness Cupcakes


After the Pumpkin Cheesecake bars became such a hit, I found yet another dessert that would rock Mike's taste buds. I wasn't sure that I was going to like them, but I actually really do! They are very moist and you cannot even taste the Guinness in them at all! They are easy to make, and yummy to eat!

Here's the recipe: Guinness Cupcakes

1 (12 oz) bottle of Guinness Stout
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
3/4 cup sour cream (I used a little more, but close enough)
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat the oven to 350*.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the Guinness, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the sour cream.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, sugar, flour and baking soda. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet Guinness mixture.
Butter or line muffin tins and divide the batter among the tins. (I put only what could fit without baking out of the tins.)
Bake for 25 minutes, until risen and set in the middle but still soft and tender. Cool before turning out of the tins. (I didn't wait until cool because I had to bake the rest before dinner)

You can make your own frosting, or you can buy the pre-made vanilla frosting. I used a pre-made frosting and it's still just as good!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment