Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thai-Style Warm Noodle Salad



As I mentioned in a previous posting, I was going to surprise Mike with a Thai dish of some kind. One of the reasons that I have never made anything like it before, is because I haven't had a lot of experience even eating anything Thai, but I also said that with sushi, and I love it!  Mike was generally surprised and ended up eating the entire batch of this the next day! I guess I should take that as a hit!  =)

Here's the recipe: Thai-Style Warm Noodle Salad

8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter (I had a ton of smooth on hand, so I used that instead.)
1/4 cup soy sauce (Light or dark, should make a difference, but I used dark)
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I added much more...mostly by accident!)
2 green onions, thinly sliced  (I used about 4 or 5)
1 carrot (I used a big handful of the baby carrots)

Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, blend peanut butter, soy sauce and pepper flakes in serving bowl until smooth.
Drain pasta, reserving 5 tablespoons of the water. Mix hot pasta water with peanut butter mixture until smooth; toss pasta with sauce. Stir in green onions and carrots. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Takes about 12 minutes total.

Note: This salad is very versatile as it is easy to make. It can be prepared a day ahead and served warm or cold- perfect for potlucks, picnics and even lunch boxes. You can also make it into a heartier meal by mixing in leftover chicken or beef.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment