Thursday, January 17, 2013

Boot Camp, Freezing Weather and Amputations



Hello everyone!


Now that Mike and I have been back from our trip in Oregon, we are still getting back into the swing of our normal routine. It's been a little challenging, as the weather hasn't been very cooperative.

I might have mentioned that our garage door had frozen shut, due to the cold, so Mike had to hit the door to get it unstuck. Of course, in doing so, he managed to slightly bump the sensors out of place, which caused the door to go down a foot, then go back up. After about a week to two weeks of having to deal with that, Mike finally started to get someone to come out to the house to take a look. Within seconds, the man had it fixed. We just got the bill for that too. Five seconds of work costs $30-$50.  I think I'm in the wrong business!

Now, when I say that it's been cold here...I mean it's been cold! I have found that I have been quoting the movie "Just Friends" quite often. There is a part in that movie that has the two main characters heading inside, and they are commenting on how cold it is there. They mention that it's like the South Pole. So, I've said that a few times to Mike. I get a chuckle here and there, but I've since stopped as I'm sure that it's getting old to hear.

One morning, I had gotten up to go to my boot camp workout, and when I got there, I thought that perhaps the door was open for me. I walked across the way, pulled on the door...locked. I pulled out my phone to see how early I was. Only five minutes or so. I thought, "Oh, I'll just wait here." I lasted all of ten seconds before walking back to my car. There was no way I could continue standing out there. When I returned to the warmth of my car, I checked my phone to see what the temperature really was. Mike and I have an app on our phone called "Weather Bug". It gives you the exact temperature of the area you live, plus the wind and all of that fancy jazz. I refreshed it numerous times, thinking that it was not telling the truth, but it was.
After the workout, I talked to Mike, who pulled it up on his phone, and this is what he saw...

Three degrees warmer than my morning workout check.
 
When I had checked the app before my workout, it said it was -36*. Half hour later, and it had warmed up 3*. The whole day was this cold. It didn't get much warmer than 1*. So, when I say that it's cold...I really mean that it's freaking cold! When I see that we are in the positive numbers, I smile because it's warm, well, warmer than -36* anyways...
 
Boot camp has been tough, but so far, it's been worth it! I know that I have areas that need to be worked on and I know where I struggle. I have to say that I have enjoyed going, even though there are mornings that I would rather sleep in and not go, but when I'm done, I'm glad that I had. It's only an 8 week program, and I'm done with 2 of those already!
 
This Saturday, I have my Girls Day Out event. I'll be at the mall all day, trying to get my name out there again, and hopefully sell some things. I've already been contacted for a wedding, and I am still working out the details. Nothing is set in stone, of course, but I am happy that I have someone interested in me, enough to do their wedding. They are talking with a couple other photographers, so like I said, I'm not signed into anything yet.
 
A couple nights ago, Mike and I were watching a movie. With the weather being as cold as it has been, we have the fire on, and it warms up the house nicely, except our bedroom, as we have the door closed and it gets pretty chilly in there when we go to bed, but during our time awake, we love it. The cats, however, love the fire more than we do. Each time it's on, the cats plop down in front of it, and remain there all day...well, as long as the fire place is turned on, that is.
 
Cuddling by the open fire.
 
 
Now, during our movie, Kitty decided that he wanted to cuddle with me. Okay, fine, no big deal. He leans over, and forces his cuddles sometimes, if I don't move to allow him my lap. I finally wrapped my arms around me, allowing him what he wanted, which he loved, but then, one of the girls freaked out for no reason, scaring him, and he started to claw his way off of me. I managed to grab him to help get him off of me before he ripping into my flesh...he still managed to claw me but it could have been a lot worse than it was.
I really do mean that it could have been a lot worse. The scratches started to bleed. It hurt to move my arm, and I couldn't bend my arm. I washed it with a wet cloth, which was making the bleeding keep going, but the inflammation was less...however, the pain remained. Days later, and I've got that scabbed over, hurts to extend as it stretches the healing skin, and sometimes I can't roll up my sleeves without taking some it with me. I told Mike after a shower, the night that it happened, and even the day after, that he needed to take my arm. Just cut it off because it hurt.
 
"For the love of God, just take the arm!"
 
As I said, had I not been able to grab hold of him, it would have been a lot worse. Mike was concerned with how close it came to some vital veins etc, and was concerned that had it been worse, we might have needed to go to the hospital.
 
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Kitty, he is the one that I rescued from outside that was living under my shed back in the Springs. He was a year old at the time, with a broken tail. He is also the 20 pound cat. He isn't fat, but because of his breed, he's big and strong. People ask me why the biggest cat of ours is named something like Kitty, which is reserved for tiny cats...when he was living outside, that's what I called him, and he responded to it. I've called him that ever since, even though his vet records state that his name is really Alley...like Alley Cat.
 
Last night, Mike and I finally took my new computer out for a spin with our online game. Before Christmas, Mike and I talked about how frustrated I had become over playing games with him as I was lagging and unable to keep up with him. My graphics sucked, and it was challenging to play. Mike had done some research and decided that he could build me a computer online with a company in Oregon, where his last five computers have been from, and it would be pretty awesome for the gaming side of things. When we got home from Oregon, it arrived a week later. We had the computer set up and ready to go, but I wasn't in the mood to play games. I wanted to just relax. So, last night, we started to play the game again, and it was much easier to play. I was pretty excited to see how nice the game looked on the screen and I know that we're going to be playing more soon enough.
 
I've been making some new recipes, and I will be making more here tonight, so keep a lookout for those.
 
Mike and I are hoping to get down to the Springs this weekend, but I will have to see what is going on with family this weekend, and the weather, as trying to get through several passes with snow and icy is a bit tricky.



Today, I have a few things that I need to work on, such as basic household things, and then I am unsure of what I will do after. I've been pretty focused on one of our older Playstation 3 games, which makes Mike laugh at me every day he comes home, but I've been into playing it, and looking forward to continuing with it. So, he will just have to keep laughing at me.

This coming Tuesday, Mike has a jury summons to go to. He should be dismissed pretty quickly, as it's a trial that is affecting the hospital. I think it's going to be pretty challenging to get a jury that doesn't know the case or what it's about. If I get a summons for it, I know a lot about it as well, and would most likely be dismissed when I state that I know.

Well, I think that's about it.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment