Sunday, January 27, 2013

Recipe: Tequila Grilled Shrimp


After our last adventure of making a tasty shrimp meal, we decided to try again. I found this one on Pinterest as well, and discovered that it's a Martha Stewart recipe. I had figured that it could be a really good, really fresh meal, but as I started to make it, I realized that her recipe was only have there. I had to improvise, just a little.

Mike liked this one a lot. Me, not so much. It was good, but I much preferred the previous recipe over this one. I had a small side dish of Sriracha sauce for dipping, and that helped, but Mike had the majority of this batch. I also didn't "grill" my shrimp, which would have helped.

There is a section of the original recipe that didn't specify what to do, so I made it up as I went. I cooked the shrimp in the marinade when I should have spooned them out and placed them into the pan for cooking.

So, here is the recipe:

Ingredients

1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined (I used 2 pounds of pre-cooked cocktail shrimp)
1/4 cup silver or white tequila
1/4 cup lime juice from about 3 limes (I didn't have enough limes, so I used bottled stuff)
1/4 cup orange juice from 1 orange (I didn't have any oranges, so I used the OJ we had, which also had pineapple flavoring...oops)
Coarse salt and pepper
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (I left seeds in, for kick)
Lime wedges for serving (I tossed mine into the mixture while cooking to add more lime flavor)



In a medium nonreactive bowl, stir together shrimp, tequila, and juices. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.

Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Grill shrimp until opaque throughout. 4-6 minutes, flipping once. Transfer to a platter and top with jalapenos. Serve shrimp with lime wedges.

Enjoy!

Note: I tossed the jalapeno into the mixture whilst it was cooking in the pan, as well as some lime wedges, to boost the flavors a little more. I also didn't have a grill or grill pan accessible, so I used a standard skillet instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment