Thursday, January 17, 2013

Recipe: Apple Pie Smoothie



While Mike entertains himself with football or whatever video game that I've guilted him into playing, I usually poke around on Pinterest until something interesting happens. During my hours of scrolling through things, I found this smoothie recipe.
Looking at the ingredients, and knowing that I had everything on hand, I decided to give it a try the next morning, right after my morning workout.

Mike had asked that I double the recipe so that he could have some as well. So, I did.
I have some ideas to tweak the recipe to make it better for me, but I know that Mike really enjoyed it as he finished his and mine!


Here's the recipe.


Ingredients:

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 cup chopped raw apple
2 teaspoons walnuts
2 tablespoons ground flax seed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup cold water
5 large ice cubes

Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until you reach desired consistency.

Enjoy!

Note*: Flax seed is more for texture than taste. When I doubled the recipe, I felt that the flax seed was too much, so I am planning on cutting it back next time I make it, and hope that it is better for me, as I didn't like the over powering texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment