Sunday, January 27, 2013

Recipe: Grilled Ciabatta with Ricotta & Blueberries



Since starting boot camp again, I have been searching for things that I can eat before and after the workout. I found this healthy recipe on Pinterest, and when I showed Mike, his initial reaction was that it looked gross. Men.

So, I bought the stuff anyways, and gave it a shot last night when I needed a little snack before dinner. It was so good, I ended up having another after dinner, before bed as a little dessert.

One of the things that I realized that I needed to play with, was the amount of fresh mint. My first round, I bit into it, and I was overwhelmed with mint. It was so powerful, it cleaned out my sinuses, which honestly, didn't need to be cleared.

It's super easy to make, and I see making this often!

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients

Ciabatta bread, sliced (We couldn't find any of this bread, so we picked up some artisan bread)
Ricotta cheese, low fat
Fresh mint, cut finely (I used about 1 leaf my second round and it was better)
Fresh blueberries, handful or enough to cover your slice
Organic honey, teaspoon drizzled

Toast your slice of bread.
While it is toasting, wash and prep your mint and blueberries.
Once your bread is finished, thinly spread ricotta over the entire slice. Sprinkle your mint over the ricotta, top with blueberries and finish by drizzling your honey over the top of them all.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment