Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Recipe: Garlic Stuffed Artichoke



I have been on an artichoke kick lately! I know that some people don't like them because they are bland, and sometimes it's because they don't have a lot of meat on them, but I love them!

I found a pretty simple recipe online a while ago, but it didn't do anything to it. So, I started to doctor mine up and found something that I really like. I usually serve mine with a homemade spicy aioli, but this time, I opted to be healthier without the sauce.


Ingredients:

Artichoke (medium to large)
minced garlic (I use about 2-3 spoonfuls, depending on the size of the artichoke)
olive oil
butter
Sriracha sauce


Preheat oven to 350*

Grab a sheet of foil, large enough to cover the artichoke completely.

Drizzle a little amount of olive oil on the foil where the artichoke will sit.

Wash the artichoke and cut the stem off the bottom. (It's okay to take about half an inch from the bottom. Be careful not to cut too much off the bottom, as you don't want to cut the heart away)
Cut an inch to two inches off the top, enough to flare the leaves away.

Drizzle some olive oil into the artichoke, stuff with your garlic and drops of Sriracha. Place butter on the top, giving it a layer on top.

Wrap up in foil, place in a baking dish and bake for an hour and forty five minutes.

When it's finished cooking, carefully unwrap the artichoke and pour the melted mixture over the artichoke.

Enjoy!

Note*: I've also added lemon juice in the artichoke as well. Be creative as there are a lot of ways to prepare and enjoy an artichoke!

No comments:

Post a Comment