Saturday, March 17, 2012

Crumb-Coated Cod and Chips




Mike had bought a lot of cod lately...we usually use it in the Baked Cod and Bacon recipe, but this time, we thought that we would try something different for a change. Mike loves fish and chips, and mentioned that he hadn't had it in a long time, so I dug out a pack of them, and set to work. This is a really simple and easy easy meal to make. It didn't take me long at all!


Here's the recipe:

2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons water
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
2 Cups crushed stuffing mix (I used garlic & herb bread crumbs)
4 cod fillets (I cut mine in half, so I had about 6)

In a shallow bowl, combine the oil, water and dressing mix. Place the stuffing (bread crumbs) in another bowl. Dip fillets in the salad dressing mixture, then in stuffing. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425* for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve hot with your favorite chips/fries*.

*Note: I picked up these amazing sweet potato fries. I believe they are julienne fries with chipotle seasoning...they are truly amazing and I recommend you try them!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment