Sunday, March 25, 2012

Recipe: Chicken Noodle Soup Remix




Yesterday afternoon, Mike texted me to tell me that he was feeling quite ill and would be coming home early. I had been planning on making my citrus game hens again, but I figured that it wouldn't be much fun trying to eat the meat off of the little bones when feeling sick, so I pulled out some chicken in the freezer, dumped it into a bowl of hot hot water, and started to prepare a chicken noodle soup for him.  This really is a simple and tasty meal, and it's nothing that has to be prepared to the letter, but I will give you what I had used in this instance. Feel free to omit or swap as you'd like!

1 pound chicken breast, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 chicken bouillon cubes
4 potatoes, scrubbed and diced
20 baby carrots
1/2 zucchini, sliced into 4s.
1/2 yellow squash, sliced into 4s.
2 Serranos, with seeds, minced
1 cup of noodles
Basil to taste
Water to fill pot

Cut your chicken into bite size pieces and put into pot full of water. Slice and add your choice of vegetables into the pot. Season with your favorite spices. Cover the pot and let simmer on low for 2-3 hours, or until chicken is completely cooked and vegetables are soft. Add noodles and simmer for additional 10 minutes, or until they are cooked thoroughly.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment